A PROJECT PROMOTED BY
Technological High School “Nicolae Iorga” Negresti
“You can learn in four ways: for school
for life, for yourself or for anyone”
Nicolae Iorga – January 17, 1871, Botosani -27 November 1940 Strejnic, jud. Prahova) was a history professor, literary critic, poet, publicist and Romanian politician. A former Member of Parliament, Chairman of the National Assembly after World War I and prime minister between 1931-1932. He passed the childhood in Negreşti during the summer holidays.
He was a founding member of the National Democratic Party (1910) and was assassinated by the Iron Guard group,, „.
– Founded in 1958, our school provides education for pupils 1748
– Covers an area of 1500 km2 (3 counties: Neamt, Vaslui, Iasi) being the sole provider of educational services in the area.
– Curriculum pathway includes both theoretical and technological profile in technical services and environmental protection
– 35 classrooms
– 13 workshops
– 9 laboratories
– 15 school classrooms
– Library with over 22,000 volumes
– Psycho-pedagogical assistance
– Documentation and Information Centre
– Driving School
– sport fields
– Boarding (300 beds)
– Reading rooms
94 Teacher of which:
87 teachers including 3 teachers have a PhD and one PhD student
Auxiliary staff of which:
1 laboratory teachers
2 computer operators
3 financial officers
1 patrimony administrator
European and educational projects
– „Young people and European integration” à Foundation ProWomen
– „Human Trafficking” -2007, 2008
– Socrates Comenius 1 School project „Europe, the European Union and Citizenship after 1989” Liceo Classico preparatory visit to the State, „Carlo Alberto” Novarra, Italy – 2006
– „Integration of high school graduates and agricultural higher education in Romania” Borris à European Institute of Agricultural Management – Denmark 2008
– Intercultural Dialogue ,, as a Means to Develop Creativity and Innovation „- Comenius Multilateral Partnership with 10 partner countries
– „Youth for Europe” in 2007
– „Europa Nostra” – project with partner schools in the Republic of Moldova 2008
– „From small to large to medium entrepreneurship” – 2015
– „Informed decisions on career guidance – DINFO” – 2015
– „Children home alone” supported by Save the Children – 2015-2017
– „I want to be in class IX” supported by World Vision
– „Educational and counseling programs to prevent school dropout in Vaslui County – a school for all and each” – 2015-2016
– „Parents School” – a project initiated by Save the Children NGO
– Seminars and debates about issues such as human trafficking, drug abuse, violence in school, drop out, school and professional guidance
– Advice and meetings / sessions with students whose parents are working abroad
Percentage of admissions in higher education:
20% in technical branch
71% on a theoretical branch
Employees at economic partners – 9.7%
Graduate from vocational skills – 98%
High school graduation in 2015 – 60.90%
Difficulties – weaknesses of the school
– The number of children with parents working abroad (215)
– School absenteeism
– Lack (space and commuting students) for effective extracurricular activities
– Poor economic development of the region
– Conducting educational process in two shifts and two locations
– The large number of commuter students (30% of total students)
– The absence of adequate school gyms
Ø This project is very good, educational and helps me do well in subjects included in the project.
(Andreea Sandu, 12)
Ø The support given to this project helps me a lot both in school activities and in terms of financial situation.
(Lazarus Petronel Romică, 11H)
Ø The project helps me both myself and colleagues to better prepare for the baccalaureate, giving us confidence in our forces.
(Adelin Ungureanu, 11I)
Ø I was lucky being selected for this project because I improved my situation at school, frequency and in terms of behavior. It also helps me advice on self-knowledge and a better choice of a profession.
I propose that the project be continued with other series of colleagues.
(Costel Florea-Rares, 11H)
If you are interested in novelties in the project conducted or if you want to be part of our program we invite you to enter your name and email address here ...